UNESCO has inscribed in its World Heritage list 25 new sites. Five of these new sites are situated within the countries of South shore of the mediterranean and Middle East:
- Cultural Sites of Al Ain (Hafit, Hili, Bidaa Bint Saud and Oases Areas) (United Arab Emirates)
- Selimiye Mosque Complex at Edirne (Turkey)
- Ancient Villages of Northern Syria (Syrian Arab Republic)
- The Persian Garden (Iran)
- Wadi Rum Protected Area (Jordan)
Med-O-Med congratulates for this initiative and continues working for the protection, conservation and development of mediterranean and Middle East countries, and all its heritage.
More information here