Botanical Garden, Faculty of Science. University of Zagreb, Croatia
- NAME Botanical Garden, Faculty of Science
- ADDRESS Marulicev trg 9a 10000 ZAGREB Hrvatska (Croatia)
- WEBSITE http://botanickivrt.biol.pmf.hr/en
- EMAIL BOTGARZG@BOTANIC.HR
- PHONE 38514898060
- OPENING HOURS The Botanical Garden is open to the public from 1 April to 1 November (closed in winter).It is open each day (except Monday and Tuesday) from 09:00 until sunset.
- OWNERSHIP Public
- DIRECTOR Biserka Juretic
• Published Plant Catalogue
• Computer Plant Record System
• disabled access
- AREA (IN SQM) 4700 sqm
- NUMBER OF SPECIES 5600
- COLLECTIONS Arboretum (53 plots), 7 phytogeographical groups (mostly indigenous plants of the Croatian flora, greenhouses (tropical and subtropical plants) systematic field, flower parterre, hortus medicus, marsh plants, perennials,annuals,climbers..
- CONSERVATION PROGRAMMES Ex situ conservation of Croatian endemic Degenia velbitica and Centaurea ragusina
- EDUCATION PROGRAMMES Exhibitions in the exhibition pavillion, workshops and guided tours.
The Botanical Garden was founded in 1889. Since 1971, the Garden has enjoyed statutory protection as a natural monument.