Algeria – Centre de Recherche Scientifique et Technique sur les Régions Arides (CRSTRA)
|INSTITUTION NAME AND MAIN ADDRESS|
|INSTITUTION NAME||“Centre de Recherche Scientifique et Technique sur les Régions Arides (CRSTRA)”|
|MAIN ADDRESS||Address: CRSTRA, Compus Universitaire Universite Mohamed Khider, Biskra 07000, Algérie
Station d’El Outaya:
Address: Station expérimentale Milieu Biophysique de Touggourt, BP : 360. RN N° 3 Ain Sahra. Touggourt
|AREA||The El Outaya station: 20,50 ha The Touggourt station: 0.9 ha|
|LATITUDE||34.8 º N|
|LONGITUDE||5.7 º W|
|PRECIPITATION||No information available|
|INFORMATION ABOUT THE INSTITUTION|
|INSTITUTION TYPE||Research Center|
|DATE FOUNDED||1924 :|
|SPECIAL COLLECTIONS||Trees and shrubs, plants used in phytotherapy and other useful spp., systematic plant collection, aromatic, perfume and spice plants and greenhouse plants|
|TAXA||No information available|
|PROGRAMMES / DEPARTMENTS||• Management and valorization of Water Resources in Arid Regions: Is responsible for conducting studies and research on the development of management tools and valorization of water resources in arid regions.
• Management and valorization of Soil Resources in Arid Regions: Is responsible for conducting studies and research on the creation of soil potential maps suitable for agricultural exploitation , following of salinization phenomenon and pollution of major irrigation schemes in arid regions, tools creation for mastery irrigation / drainage and elaboration of soil improvement criteria
• Biological resources in arid regions : Is responsible for conducting studies and research on the preservation and development of all animal and plant bioresources in arid regions.
• Date palm cultivation, Biotechnology and valorization of products sub-products of date palm tree: is responsible for conducting studies and research on date palm heritage preservation and valorization of products and sub_ products of the date palm tree .
• Ecology of arid ecosystems and climate risks : Is responsible for conducting studies and research on the study of environmental ecosystems in arid regions taking accounts the impact of climate changes.
• Fight against desertification and silting: s responsible for conducting studies and research on the observation and monitoring of desertification and silting through the network of observatories steppe and Saharan zones
• Economic and social development in arid zones
|FEATURES AND FACILITIES||
The station of bio-resources of El Outaya: the cultures are: the date palm, the olive tree, the fig tree, the plasticulture and in addition an arboricultural and ornamental nursery.
The experimental station of biophysical environment of Touggourt: is equipped with a meteorological station, a small library, a laboratory of pedology, a laboratory of phytology, a laboratory of water analysis, a laboratory of zootechnics, a veterinary laboratory, a mini station of wastewater treatment, a nursery.
|MAIN DEFICIENCIES||No information available|
|OTHER INFORMATION||Botanic garden ? Museum of Béni-Abbés|
“Stratégie Algerienne et plan d’Action Nacional d’utilisation durable de la Diversité Biologiqué”. Ministère de l’Amènagement du Territoire et l’Environnement d’Algeria
“Directory of Institution engaged in Arid Zone Research. Arid zone Programme” (1952) UNESCO