The Habiba Organic Farm. Sinai, Egypt
- Name: The Habiba Organic Farm (HOF)
- Institution: Habiba Organic Farm is listed among WWOOF Independents in the world of sustainable volunteer tourism, the first one in Egypt. also HOF is a Demeter registered farm and a member of the Center of Organic Agriculture (COAE) in Egypt.
- Address: Habiba Bay, Nuweiba, South Sinai, Egypt
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: : +20 122 217 6624
- Goals: The main aim is to highlight the benefits of organic practices to not only the local environment, but also to the communities that produce and consume our produce. The Habiba Organic Farm trials new varieties regularly, and acts as a hub for knowledge transfer between the farm, the Desert Research Center, Ain Shams University - Faculty of Agriculture, Suez Canal University and the local Bedouin tribes (Tarabin, Jabaleya, Muzeina).
- Features: HOF acts as a community-based farm to benefit the people of South Sinai. Our farm has became a production hub for wide variety of local grown organic products. Collaboration between Bedouin natives of the Sinai, with researchers from across Egypt and world wide, and the generous efforts of volunteers from around the world led to the development of a high yielding, purely organic farm that continues to deliver healthy, fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs to the local community.