Med-O-Med agro food station
- To promote initiatives for the launching of new techniques and innovations related to sustainable development and the conservation of natural resources based on culture and local needs.
- To highlight the knowledge, reflections and contributions of the Islamic culture in the management of both natural and human resources.
- To recover and spread local knowledge as an intangible heritage belonging to every people.
- To ensure the coordination of the programs, projects and actions developed in the frame of the Med-O-Med program, through the monitoring of its correct implementation.
- To act as a dynamizing agent of the Program in the countries involved.
Work at the Med-O-Med stations is based on the principles of several paradigms, including agroecology, agroforestry, ethnoecology, local knowledge as an endogenous capital, and the participation of civil society in action defining processes. Thus, both the participatory management of natural resources and the use of resources from a holistic perspective are taken into account.
The work lines to be implemented in all Med-O-Med stations are framed within two areas: an educational and a technical dimension. The educational approach covers all issues related to raising awareness among all population groups, their technical training in all facets related to the project’s goals, and scientific research on the topics related to the conservation of biological diversity, the management of natural resources and sustainable development.
The technical dimension includes three axes: technical advice for the population specializing in works that have an impact on their environment, experimentation with traditional and innovative techniques, and the provision of activities related to the Station and the monitoring of all projects in progress in the country where the Station is located.
This post is available in: English Español