Nowadays, the Doueir Municipality has a contract with a private company to collect the rubbish from selected points, in which the buying levitra Municipality has already placed iron barrels (not appropriate for waste). Although these points are distributed all around the village, the company collects only the waste inside the barrel whilst leaving the rest of the waste and best price cialis the uncommon waste outside. This causes an unhealthy dirtiness. All the waste cleared up is placed 15 km away from the municipality.
Therefore, the problem in Doueir consists on a remarkable environmental degradation, mainly due to the non-existence of an effective urban waste management plan and a periodic cleaning. To make the matters worse, the costs are expensive and a lack of human, technical and financial resources is founded.
The municipality of Doueir would like to keep the contract with the company hired in order to keep clean the village. Furthermore, they want to raise the awareness among the population regarding issues such as the waste problem and the environmental protection.
Previously, the Doueir Municipality has been managing different projects concerning environmental protection and reforestation such as: the closure and cancellation of some of the household waste landfill used during the war period, the plantation of trees in the field and buy discount lexapro online the roads and the reforestation of three plots within the Municipality. The following activities are planned to be carried out:
- The development of a study to identify an effective strategy to manage the urban waste and to improve the general environment conditions.
- Capacity building aimed to the Municipality members and technicians, in topics related to the environmental protection and urban waste management.
- Awareness campaign based in environment protection and general hygiene maintaining addressed to all residents especially for housekeepers, student school, professional producing special waste.
- Appropriated equipment is required to be purchased in order to manage the general hygiene situation after an identification based in the needs.
- Education activities and environmental workshops to develop in schools (contacting NGO´s or local associations). Capacity building oriented to teachers, NGO’s staff u other people working on education issues.
- Exhibitions from Med-O-Med aimed to raise awareness on the population.
- Environmental clubs creation.
- Workshops focused on women collectives aimed to improve the domestic economy.